Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Interview With Kelly Crandall About Her Experience At Dover International Speedway


This past weekend Kelly Crandall visited the Dover International Speedway, just to see dominance, mistakes, and surprises. As Jimmie Johnson was about to win another race, and end his 6 race drought with Kelly to witness, another mistake was made on the part of Jimmie; he sped coming off of pit road which ended his shot at the win. Kyle Busch was the eventual winner, in which Kelly states in the interview "I had him as my fantasy pick and he went out and got me those points."

This race was lackluster compared to the expectations, but as Kelly describes it was a good, clean, and fun day for all the race fans out there!


Daniel Caudill's Five Questions

1. First off: How did the accommodations at this track compare to any other track you have been to?

Everything at the track was great. Arrived on Sunday morning, the traffic was moving really well and we had great parking right away and headed to the track.

2. Would you recommend that track to any other person?

Yes I would. The area, the track, everything was great.

3. Where were you located at the track? Were you able to get a good view of the whole race?

I was sitting in between turns one and two and it provided a view for everything that happened on the track. The only thing you couldn't see was pit road.

4. How was it to watch the King Richard Petty give the command to start engines?

I've seen the King do things at the racetrack a few times because I've been to Daytona since 2004, but it's always nice when he gets back to the races and is able to have a part in it.

5.
Whom did you want to win? Where did they finish?
The first driver that I wanted to win was Dale Earnhardt Jr. since I grew up as a fan of his, but that obviously didn't happen since he finished 30th. The next driver I wanted to win was Kyle Busch because I had him as my fantasy pick and he went out and got me those points.

Summer Dreyer's Five Questions

6. The race was relatively uneventful. Did you find it boring to watch from the stands as well?
It wasn't really boring because there was lots of racing going on around the field, but I did sit and say to myself that it was a very unusual race for Dover standards and I didn't think the ending was going to be as dramatic as the last few races had been.

7. Did the stands look as empty in person as they did on TV?

The stands were empty but not enough that was shocking. It looked like the stands did at any other racetrack. But there was still a great crowd that did come.

8. How did the crowd react when Jimmie Johnson received his speeding penalty?

I had my headset on so I couldn't really hear anything other than what was going on in those, so I didn't hear the crowd say anything. But I looked around and it seemed like everyone was confused on what was happening because it's so loud at Dover you can't hear the loudspeakers so I'm not sure they knew exactly what happen.

9.
Were any of the wrecks in front of you? If so, which ones?

The only one that was in front of me was when Sam Hornish Jr. hit the wall for the first caution and he rode around the wall in turns one and two when his right front tire blew out.

10. What was the craziest thing you saw at Dover over the weekend?

I didn't really see anything that was crazy. Like I mentioned, we came in on Sunday for the race so I wasn't there all weekend for anything else. It was just a typical race and nothing really stands out as being crazy.

I want to thank Kelly for the pictures!

If you want to contact Kelly you can reach her on Twitter @KellyCrandall, or on her FaceBook at http://www.facebook.com/KellyCrandall.
See you next week at the All-Star race!

No comments:

Post a Comment